Stroll into any department or cosmetics store, and the plethora of products made from herbal extracts, vitamin infusions, and all else that nature has to offer, will be readily apparent. Yet, despite our shared education in managing a multitude of dermatological concerns, the understanding and application of these cosmetic products remains underexplored.
This course seeks to provide a detailed overview of how Naturopathic therapies can be used in Aesthetics Medicine. Topical, dietary, and lifestyle-based approaches in the maintenance of healthy skin; prevention & reduction of skin photoaging; and in the management of various dermatological and aesthetics concerns will be reviewed. Within the review of topicals, we will explore in detail some of the popular & well-established cosmeceutical ingredients and products used for photoaging, oily & dry skin, pigmentation concerns, facial redness, periorbital skincare, and cellulite, among others. Other topics reviewed will include: examples of Naturopathic approaches to complement popular Medical Spa services; scar and wound management; and common ingredient formulations to consider in selecting moisturizers, cleansers, and sunscreens.
This course will benefit a variety of Naturopathic practitioners: those currently utilizing aesthetics therapies such as cosmetic acupuncture or mesotherapy; those working in, or seeking work in, a medical-spa or fitness facility; those managing a high degree of dermatological conditions; and finally, those simply looking to add an aesthetics element to their clinical practice.
For the Updated & Expanded version of this course
(Available exclusively on NaturopaticAestheticsCE.com):
This version of the course is approved for 5.0 CONO Category A credits (CONO) & 5.0 General credits (OBNM).
Compared to the original version, this course includes:
· An expanded review of topical Vitamin C, including detailed comparisons between the common forms used in skin care topicals
· A new ‘Quick Look’ section exploring research on topicals for Androgenic Alopecia
· An expanded comparison between the effects of various cosmeceutical retinoids
· An expanded sunscreen section, including both a chart outlining sunscreen ingredients’ ability to filter UVA1, UVA2, UVB, and/or Visible Light spectrums, as well as the emerging addition of antioxidants into sunscreen formulas
· Dietary & topical use of plant oils for skin health
· Market trends for the inclusion of herbals in wrinkle-reduction topicals
· Updated review of key assessment scales for evaluating cellulite severity
· Updated & expanded tables, images and graphics used throughout the course
· Expanded listing of ‘Further Reading’ references
Original version of course: Approved for 4.0 - 4.25 CONO Category A credits (depending on which other website the course is obtained from; please connect with Dr Rob Ayoup ND via contact form on main page if interested in discovering the other websites the original course is available from)
Price: $150 or 2 payments of $75
(CDN; GST/HST Free)
Expanded & updated version
Offers a video preview of course
Build-Your-Own Bundle with other courses
Payment Plan eligible for individual course
Includes 'As a Thank You' donation
Approved for 5.0 Category A credits
(via College of Naturopaths of Ontario)
Approved for 5.0 General credits
(via Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine)
*Outside of these areas?...
Approval via reciprocity may apply for various State and Provincial jurisdictions; Please verify with your local licensing body if taking this course for CE credit
Curious for a sample? Click the video preview link below!